Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Moving Day!

Written by Karen D. Swim


Happy Wednesday! Well, this blog has moved. If you typically access this blog from the tab on my website, I have not yet updated the navigation. Please bookmark our new address. Although I have talked about this move for quite some time, the execution has not gone as planned. Thank goodness for MERRY tips! The move and brand new design were to happen simultaneously. However, I could not bear the frustrations any longer, so last night I picked up and moved (with help from my awesome web host!).

So, no Men with Pens pretty custom design (yet) but commenting will be easier and I will have comment luv (yippee). I was so excited last night I woke up at 3 am and watched the news! Yea, bad idea, but the 3 am ABC news is very interesting, kind of BBC mixed with Good Morning America mixed with carnival. Hmm, this could explain the later dreams about Bette Midler.

I'll be back tomorrow to hit you with the happy stick in the blog's new space. I'll be sure to update you on how to keep subscribing too, one of the many things that must be figured out today.

Have an awesome day and if you've got wordpress tips, I'm sure to be asking lots of questions on Twitter or Plurk today!

Peace and love,

Karen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations Karen :-)
I haven't made it over recently due to thesis deadlines, but I just had to head over here after reading your tweet concerning your move. Well done, and I wish you all the very best in your blog's new home. I know how difficult and technologically tricky moving can be, so big hugs to you for your achievement!
Amy
xx

Anonymous said...

Ok, I went there and bookmarked it! Yeah!!! couldn't figure out how to subscribe so let me know when I can so you can go back to being in my first thing in the morning google reader! For now, I'll just keep the old one in and jump over each day from there!

Unknown said...

If your readers just go to the search bar at the top they'll see the RSS button - it's automatically set up for you, you can grab the feed from there.

Congrats Karen! Let me know if I can help with anything

myonlyphoto said...

Hi Karen, just visiting to thank you for recent visit on my blog and your kind wishes. Matthew appreciates also, lol. Thanks again, and I will pay you full visit to your blog shortly. Thanks, Anna :)

Unknown said...

That photo in combination with your title is pretty funny.

Good luck with your move!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your move, Karen.

No doubt moving a blog can be a stressful experience (I have not attempted it yet), but at least, unlike moving a house or office, you don't have to do any heavy lifting.

'Moving' in the virtual world sure beats 'moving' in the physical world!

Glad to hear you enjoyed those 3am shows - but I wouldn't recommend making a habbit of it. Bed is the best place to be at that time.

Cheers

Andrew

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Hi Karen, interestingly I visited another blogger today who has moved. I'll be sure to update my blogroll. So far I have been chicken to go through all the hassles I'm reading about since my time is limited. At any rate you inspire me and I hope all is up and running well. I'll come to visit now.