Friday, May 09, 2008

Strap on Your Heels and Take a Step Toward Your Dreams

by Karen D. SwimImage courtesy of JimmyChoo.com Eliza Petrol Patent Peep Toe

"The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet."-- Lao Tzu
We have reached the end of the week which means it is Fierce Friday! What have you done to make your dreams happen this week? It does not matter if your dream is one mile or ten thousand miles away, you will never get there if you don't move. As you look out over the horizon you may be overwhelmed by the number of miles that must be covered. So quit looking over the horizon. No matter how much you look and agonize about what has to be done, you still have to move to get there. The journey begins from beneath your feet.

Yesterday Timothy Carter wrote that today is the time for action. Not tomorrow, or next week, but today. Today, you can take a single step. That single step will empower you to take another and another and soon your single steps will bring you to your destination. The first step can be the scariest but also the most powerful. When you take that first step you own your dream. Feel the power baby you are making it happen! It is not a pipe dream but a vision and you have taken the first step of your jouney.
When we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead. No need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress. We cannot take more than one step at a time.--Orison Swett Marden
Jen Knoedl took a step and rocked the house! Read about it here. She could have given herself a thousand reasons why her dream was impossible but instead she moved. Erica Ortiz is passionate about her dream of racing Top Fuel. She needs money to make her dream happen but she has not let it hold her back. One tip at a time she is moving toward her dream. You can help Erica by making a donation. Single steps will get Erica to her donation, and they will get you there too.

Erica would probably tell you that you can't race if you don't get in the car. So get in the car already and start your engine. Better yet, get in the car in a fierce pair of heels. We'll meet you at the finish line waving the flag in your honor. I'll be the one holding the lip gloss.

What are you waiting for? What's holding you back?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the metaphor of getting in your car wearing a fierce pair of heels. Excuse me while I go hunt up my fierceness and get my Fierce Friday attitude on! *grin*

Unknown said...

@Connie LOL! I'm not sure what it is about women and fierce heels but it does seem to make us feel like we can take on the world and look fabulous doing it! I'm going to hunt mine up too! :)

Anonymous said...

Lordie woman, I want those shoes.

I have a pair like them in black,
but I really want them in red.

It's been a good week. I've been focused and on fire. Now I need to keep the momentum going.

We have some work to do!

Steph said...

Hell yes! Your post today couldn't be more fitting for me (haha). Tei referred me here, in case you didn't see that she led me to you while we were at the Rogue Ink Pub. I mentioned you in my post this morning because I thought it was a perfect continuation to point at which I'd arrived. Now that I've freed my mind from inhibitions, I'm totally ready to get fierce!

Unknown said...

@Wendi, your message got my engine revving too! I am so glad this was a great week for you. Isn't it great that we can cheer each other on and share the successes? I love these shoes too! I don't have them yet, but I think the red Jimmy Choos are definitely in my future! Let's keep the fierceness rolling all month long! Can't wait to see what we will accomplish!

@Steph, Hello and welcome! I'm heading over to your blog next! Isn't it funny how throughout the blogosphere there is synchronization just when you need to have a message/idea/thought validated. I love Tei and am so thankful she led you here. Let's continue to encourage and support one another as we go after our dreams!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Wendi, I want those shoes. They remind me of the shoes Dorothy wore in the Wizard of Oz. There's no place like home...

Yes, I take a step towards my dreams everyday. Actually, I don't call them dreams anymore because by acting on them they become a reality.

I'm walking the walk, and talking the talk.

jamiegrove said...

That picture reminds me of a book a friend is reading right now, "This Time I Dance!" by Tama Kieves.

How appropriate since the subtitle is "Creating the Work You Love."

In my world, I had some frank discussions about my future this week. Nothing resolved as yet, but the path is definitely becoming clearer.

Unknown said...

@Jamie, I always love when you stop in to share. :-) Tama Kieves is awesome. I have not yet read the book but wow, it's so funny how everything around you seems to be supporting your goals. :-) I admire you for having the courage to question where you are and where you want to be. Sometimes that can be the hardest part. I'm rooting for you!