by Karen D. Swim
A whopping 85% of American women are wearing the wrong bra size! How could so many women get it wrong and what does that have to do with your blog? Stay with me as I show you 5 ways that your blog is exactly like a bra.
- One size does not fit all. Not only are all bodies different but our own individual bodies have differences. One side of your body is stronger. One leg may be slightly longer. Well, you get the picture. As such, you have to shop for something that is the best fit for your size AND your differences.
- You have to accommodate change. A bra band has more than one hook. Over time the garment will give and you will need to adjust the hook. When buying new, the bra should be comfortable at every level. In the same way, choose a blog that not only fits that first hook but one that will also feel good when you need to move it over a hook or two.
- There is more than one measurement. To get the right bra fit, you measure cup and band size. You must also adjust the shoulder straps to get just the right fit. Your blog has a number of elements that you must consider – content, categorization, graphics, comments, sponsorship, sales message, profiles and more. You may choose a blog that fits one area such as an easy to upload content system but fails to fit your other needs such as a user-friendly layout or the ability to categorize posts.
- The right fit can change your entire look. A properly fitted bra changes the way your whole body looks. A proper fit means that everything you layer on top will look better. Of course, when you look better you also feel better. A good fit will enable you to approach your audience with confidence and authority. The right blog fit benefits your entire brand. You will feel more confident and your content will improve. For proof of this visit Joanna Young's blog. A great blog got even better with a re-design and Joanna went from Confident to Authority.
- A professional fitting can make a big difference. Experts advise a professional bra fitting at least once per year. Your body changes and what fit last year, may not fit this year. A professional has the expertise to bring about improvements that you may have missed. Putting together a blog must be easy, right? Sign up for an account, add a few touches and you have a blog. However, a professional can point out areas you may have missed and never would have considered. Consider a drive-by consult to see if your blog is the right fit.
If you find yourself, like me wearing the wrong blog, there is hope for both of us. In coming weeks, I plan to seek professional help from those witty Men with Pens and get myself a proper fitting blog. How about you does your blog fit? What changes do you need to make?strong> © Pavel Losevsky | Dreamstime.com